Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cool Challenge

OK, so the AllPoetry user Shadowy Embrace issued a challenge in the Poets in Training group. If anyone wants to give it a try, just join the group and respond to his topic and give the link to your poem. It's that simple! So, I know I'd mess it up if I tried to tell you the challenge lol so I'll let Shadowy Embrace tell you in his own words:

"I'm proposing a challenge to those in this group.

I'm going to start with something semi-simple with a quatern. A normal quatern consists of 8-syllable lines and 4 quatrains. The first line of the first stanza is a refrain that is repeated in line 2 of the second stanza, line 3 of the third stanza and line 4 of the fourth stanza. The rhyme scheme can be done one of two ways:

Abab, cAca, adAd, eaeA where A is the refrain, or:

Aabb, aAcc, ddAa, eeaA, personally, I prefer the former.

My latest quatern I actually wrote with 12 syllables, which, strictly speaking doesn't make it a quatern, but a variation of a quatern. The challenge I'm presenting to you is this, write me a quatern or variation of a quatern with consistent syllable count and great flow.

Good luck, and have fun!

If you need any help, please feel free to ask. If I am slow on getting back to you, please be patient with me as this is a crazy time for my family and I. Thank you."

Give it a try! I might even make a new page for challenges and post your poems there!

No comments:

Post a Comment